Google have today started rolling Chrome Material Design 40 for iOS introducing a redesigned UI. Also included in the update is OS X Handoff support, Optimizations for iOS 8+ and the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
Here’s Material Design on iPhone:
Google is giving the entire app for both iPhone and iPad an overhaul based on its new Material Design design language introduced with its latest Android release. That includes “bold graphics, fluid motion, and tactile surfaces,” according to Google, as pictured in the iPhone screenshots above.
Chrome also has support for Apple’s Handoff feature, which allows users to pick up where they left off in another app on OS X. It also supports Handoff allowing users to jump from Chrome on iOS to Safari or any other default browser on a Mac.
Version 40 of Chrome for iOS also brings optimizations for iOS 8+ and the larger screens of the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
What’s New in Version 40.0.2214.61
• New look with Material Design bringing bold graphics, fluid motion, and tactile surfaces
• iOS 8 optimizations and support for bigger phones
• Support handoff from Chrome to your default browser on OS X
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Been involved in technology for many years, more than I care to remember. Live in Dundee, Scotland. I like Android, Windows Phone OS, BlackBerry OS and iOS, and love writing about all things techie. Currently have a Honor 6+, Elephone P6000, Nexus 5, Chrombook C720, HTC One M7, Nokia Lumina 625, Microsoft Lumia 435, Blackberry Q10, HTC Hero and iPad mini
Latest posts by Dave Thornton (see all)
- HTC 10 leaks – Yes no M or One both Dropped – March 4, 2016
- Microsoft Lumia 950 Continuum Seeding pack review – March 4, 2016
- Microsoft release Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.122 – March 3, 2016