So you have followed our Root tutorial HERE now you want to install a custom recovery like ClockWorkMod and start flashing all those wonderful custom ROMS available.
DISCLAIMER – I am not responsible if you damage your device following this tutorial so follow at your own risk.
So installing recovery on the Defy/Defy+ is very easy thanks to those over at XDA. All we have to do is install an APK.
- Download the 2ndInit APK from HERE choose most recent version
- Put the APK on your SD card, do not put it in a folder just on your SD card.
- Download a file manager Like ASTRO
- Go to setting’s on your phone, click Development > and tick unknown sources so that you are allowed to install Apps from your SD card
- Open up your file manager, go to SD Card and scroll down to the 2ndInit APK
- Click on the APK and choose install
- When installed open the APP and click on Install 2ndInit BootMenu
- Let it do its job and when it says done its done.
Ok so you now have your custom recovery. 2ndInit has ClockWorkMod built into it aswell so you are all good.
To boot into your new recovery
Power off your device
Power it back on, wait for blue led to show on top left of phone
When LED shows press volume down and thats you in
To navigate your recovery we use the volume up and down to move and power to select.
To boot into ClockWorkMod just scroll down to recovery and select custom recovery.
IMPORTANT – AS SOON AS YOU ARE IN CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE SO THAT IF ANYTHING EVER GOES WRONG YOU CAN GO BACK TO STOCK.
Latest posts by Ryan Oneill (see all)
- Win Some Cooler Master Swag (International) – July 6, 2016
- Corsair Lapdog Review – Lounge Gaming At It’s Best – July 1, 2016
- Razer Wildcat Review – July 1, 2016