So the day has finally arrived and the Evad3rs team have released the untethered jailbreak for iOS 6 through to 6.1. This Tutorial is a follow on from our PREPARE TO JAILBREAK GUIDE so if you haven’t read that you will want to as it has all the essential information you will need including a list of compatible devices. So if you have been there and you are prepared lets crack on.
- evasi0n for Windows (requires XP or higher)
- evasi0n for Mac (requires 10.5 or higher)
- evasi0n for Linux (requires x86 /x86_64)
When you download for your system of choice you are now going to want to unzip the file. You will now have a folder on your desktop called evasiOn so go ahead and open it.
Run evasiOn Application
- As it states you are now going to connect your device
- So connect your device now via USB and the tool will recognise it
- Next step is easy just hit Jailbreak
NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT PART
- The process takes a while so under no circumstances should you touch your device until it asks you
- You will now get a note on the tool asking you to unlock your device. Once your device is unlocked, you should see a new app icon on your Home screen called “Jailbreak”. Tap this Jailbreak app icon just ONCE, and the screen should go black and then return to the Home screen
- Now you wait some more till the process shows complete on the tool
Tool says done, what now?
Now you let the jailbreak finish on your device. You will see many messages popping up on your screen like the ones listed below.
- Setting up fstab and AFC2
- Setting up Cydia
- Setting up Cydia packages
- Clearing SpringBoard Cache
After these messages some more will pop as shown below and your device will reboot one last time.
- Initializing offsets
- Finding offsets
- Patching kernel
- Cleaning up!
- Done! Continuing boot
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE INITIALIZING OFFSETS SCREEN CAN REMAIN THERE FOR UP TO 9 MINS SO DO NOT TOUCH YOUR DEVICE.
When its all finally done just unlock your home screen and give Cydia its first run and let it reboot. That’s it, you can now go have fun.
Latest posts by Ryan Oneill (see all)
- Win Some Cooler Master Swag (International) – July 6, 2016
- Corsair Lapdog Review – Lounge Gaming At It’s Best – July 1, 2016
- Razer Wildcat Review – July 1, 2016