HOW TO ROOT THE HTC DESIRE
Ok before we get into the process this is by far the easiest and safest way to root your desire.
This method will install a custom recovery on your desire straight away to allow you to flash roms immediately.
You must have and active service on your desire and an sd card inserted for this method to work.
Disclaimer– Follow this guide at your own risk i am not responsible for any damage to your device.
THIS GUIDE WILL ALSO WORK FOR THE OTHER DEVICES LISTED BELOW.
1. Download the Unrevoked rooting app for your device CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW FOR LINK
2. Double click the Unrevocked program you just downloaded.
If you are a windows user click on the file that appears called HBoot driver and follow its instructions to install the modified HBoot drivers OR follow this tutorial here
3. Once the drivers are installed click on the reflash program to open it.
4. Now that the driver is installed take the battery out of your desire and then reeboot your phone.
5. Ok so now go to your computer and right click the reflash file and select run as admin. This should open up Unrevocked and say “waiting for device”.
6. On your desire click MENU>SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>DEVELOPMENT, and enure the USB DEBUGGING option is checked on, this will not work if you miss this step out.
7. Next plug your phone into your computer via usb cable provided.
8. Unrevoked should automatically locate your desire now and all you have to do is follow the prompts.
9. You are now rooted and have a custom recovery image.
All credit goes to the developers of Unrevoked tool keep up the good work. Please feel free to donate to the devs.
Latest posts by Ryan Oneill (see all)
- Win a chance to LED your home – June 10, 2015
- Alcatel Idol 3 International Giveaway – June 1, 2015
- Xbox One controllers to be refreshed with headphone port – May 28, 2015