This tutorial will take you through a simple step by step guide on how to install NitoTV on your Jailbroken AppleTV.
What you need
Jailbroken Apple TV (see my other tutorials off need be)
Ok iff your using a Windows machine you will need Putty get it here. Mac users just use terminal.
1. Turn your Apple Tv on and navigate to settings>About and take note of your IP Address, Leave Apple Tv on. Mac users skip to Step 3.
2. Putty users – put your ip address in the IP field and in Port type 22 and click open when warning prompt appears click ok. When terminal screen pops up type ROOT and hit enter, then password is ALPINE and hit enter again. Iff you followed these steps correct it should now say Apple TV:- ROOT# skip to step 4 now.
3. Mac Users – Open up Terminal and type exactly what it says below
When prompted by popup click ok and when asked for password type “alpine” if done correctly you should now see Apple TV:- ROOT# is terminal window.
Both MAC and windows users can follow the next steps.
4. Type exactly what it says below one step at a time and hit Enter after each line. (Copy paste off need be ensure you observe spaces etc)
echo “deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org ./” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list
apt-get install com.nito.nitoTV
5. Your Apple TV should now have rebooted and NitoTv should be installed on your menu.
Enjoy your ATV now you can install XBMC etc from NitoTV.
Latest posts by Ryan Oneill (see all)
- Win Some Cooler Master Swag (International) – July 6, 2016
- Corsair Lapdog Review – Lounge Gaming At It’s Best – July 1, 2016
- Razer Wildcat Review – July 1, 2016