Microsoft released a statement telling Windows Insiders that they should upgrade to latest Windows 10 Build 10240 to get access to Windows Store. The latest The Windows 10 Store update includes some great fixes and improvements to reliability and performance. Check Windows Update to make sure you have installed the latest build and the most recent updates.
To verify that you are on the latest build of Windows 10:
- Type “winver” in to the Search bar
- You should see the following:
You’ll be all set once on the latest Windows OS build 10240. Most of you will be able to experience our improved Windows 10 Store with no further action required, while a few might see a notification that says “Pardon the Interruption” and a button that will allow you to update to the latest Store version.
To verify that you have the latest Store version,
- Open the Store app
- Click your profile picture in the upper right
- Click Settings
- The Store version is listed here and should be equal or greater than 2015.7.22.2
Been involved in technology for many years, more than I care to remember. Live in Dundee, Scotland. I like Android, Windows Phone OS, BlackBerry OS and iOS, and love writing about all things techie. Currently have a Honor 6+, Elephone P6000, Nexus 5, Chrombook C720, HTC One M7, Nokia Lumina 625, Microsoft Lumia 435, Blackberry Q10, HTC Hero and iPad mini
Latest posts by Dave Thornton (see all)
- HTC 10 leaks – Yes no M or One both Dropped – March 4, 2016
- Microsoft Lumia 950 Continuum Seeding pack review – March 4, 2016
- Microsoft release Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.122 – March 3, 2016